We are so excited that Spring Break is looming ever closer! It’s a busy, fun time for us as we get to meet a lot of new clients, trying us out for the first time. Already, our phone is ringing, people are touring and bringing their dogs for an orientation day.
Just this past Friday we took eight dogs in for daycare that were not on the schedule! This brought us near capacity, which is very exciting for February, and the first time this has happened so early in the year. 🙂:
Since this is the case, we’d like to take this time to let new clients know some of the ins and outs of YPS, as well as post some reminders for regular clients.
Daycare Scheduling–Did you know you have selected the only pet care facility in three states that is PACCC Certified in a cage free environment? (Go, you!) In observing best supervision practices, we schedule our daycare staff in a ratio of 1 person for every 7-10 dogs in play. Please help us keep everyone safe by doing the following when you can:
- Preschedule your dog(s) as far out as possible. If you are more comfortable with speaking to us rather than using our online scheduling, just let us know when you next stop in which days and times we should expect your dog on a regular basis. (It’s a good idea to do this even if you think we know.)
- Give us at least 24 hours notice of changes whenever possible. If you make a reservation and can’t keep it, please inform us–especially during Spring Break and holidays! If you need to come in the next day, try to let us know as soon as you know.
- When scheduling transport, we may need 48 hours notice. As you can imagine, transport has really ramped up since all the new construction around town has started. We are proud to be the only facility in town that offers affordable, daily pickup and drop off. We always try to accommodate special time requests–however please be aware our drivers will arrive within a 1 hour window of your requested time, not exactly at the requested time. We do have plans to hire more drivers this spring, so we expect windows to become shorter. 🙂
- . Grooming Appointments: Our pure oxygen baths have become so popular that we suggest you pre-schedule when possible–and even schedule recurring baths so that your dog is always in great shape. More news on additional grooming services will come later this year.
5. After hours checkout/checkin. We are proud to offer longer hours than any other facility in town! However, should you request drop off or pickup even further outside of our normal hours, we can do this for a $10 fee, with prior notice. (This applies to early/late daycare as well as boarding). We do not allow extended check in/out earlier than 6am or later than 8pm on any day, for the comfort of our boarding guests. At our discretion, we may allow an exception to the after hours checkin/out policy. Also, for the comfort of our daytime guests, please remember that we are closed daily for Doggy Naptime from 12 to 3pm.
6. All boarding deposits (50% of the cost of the stay) are due 7 days ahead of your checkin date. If you have not heard from us after the initial “reservation made” email is sent, know that your reservation is NOT CONFIRMED until we receive your deposit, and the space may be given to someone else if not paid. (This is very likely to happen this spring season.) So please call us to make payment or stop by as soon as you can to ensure you are confirmed. Keeping a credit card securely on file with us is often utilized by our clients–so let us know if this is a good option for you. And don’t forget the additional 5% discount we offer for cash payments!
If you schedule a reservation within less than 7 days, your deposit is due immediately. At our discretion, we may allow payment at checkin. But this is not our usual policy, and we reserve the right to collect a deposit immediately for any stay or refuse the booking.
No refund for early return. No refund of deposits. Once a deposit is paid, if you must cancel the stay we will hold any paid deposit on file against future service (you do not lose it, but it is not refunded.) Also, because we understand you want to pickup your pet as soon as possible, we are the only facility in town to offer checkout of your dogs every day of the week with relaxed hours. However, we do not provide refunds if you choose to arrive early for your pet, as it’s likely we turned down someone else booking that same space when it was reserved for your dog. At our discretion, we may allow an exception to the no refund policy.
Also please realize that all our discounts are a return courtesy offered to those clients that courteously pay their deposits and daycare in advance–and will no longer be offered for partial or late payment.
In the event you still need help and we are already at capacity, keep in mind we do offer home care and dog walking. 🙂
Get excited! This is going to be the best Spring ever!
Dave and Joy